Thursday, June 28, 2012

Break time

So, I'm going to take a bit of a break from the blog. I'm still going to work out with the same frequency and intensity, and I'll still keep track of my exercises, I'm just going to stop posting for a bit. The blog served it's initial purpose, and that was to keep me honest and on track. I wanted to be accountable if I slipped. So far, I've surpassed some goals, and changed others. I'll probably check in from time to time, just to keep a record of where I'm at, but I'm not going to post every single workout.

My experiment with 5/3/1 was a huge success. I've been bulking since just before February, and I've put on right at 10 pounds. However, my max in the four lifts have gone up over 150 pounds. Not a bad trade! I'm going to take some time now and cut back down slowly while trying to maintain strength. I'm going to stick with 5/3/1 to do it, but I'll be messing around some with my assistance work. I'll probably test my 1RM every other cycle, and check in here when I do so. Until then...

1 comment: