Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cycle 2 recap

I'm really enjoying this routine. I like having the flexibility to tailor the accessory and vary things a bit, while still having a strict regiment for the main lifts.

I think my numbers for this cycle were pretty much spot on, so I'm going with the recommended bump on all the lifts for the next cycle. I am tweaking one small thing: on the accessory stuff, I'm going to try out a progression similar to the main lifts, but still oriented more towards hypertrophy. So, during week 1, I'm going to shoot for 5 sets in the 8-10 rep range; 5 sets in the 6-8 rep range for week 2; 5 sets in the 3-6 rep range for week 3; and I'm sticking with 2 sets of ~15 for the deload week.

My starting numbers for the next cycle are:
Squat: 270
Bench: 255
Dead: 300
OHP: 145

No comments:

Post a Comment