Thursday, February 2, 2012

New routine

Now that my weight loss has begun to taper off, I'm ready to start seeing my lifting numbers go up. To help with that, I'm going to start Wendler's 5/3/1 routine next week. I'm choosing this routine for a couple of reasons. First, it has a deload week built in, which my elbows and wrists will be happy about. Also, it is focused on increasing your 1RM in all the core lifts (deadlifts, squats, bench press, and overhead press) every four weeks. You can read more about the program here.

Although this is more of a powerlifting routine, I have set up the assistance exercises with a bodybuilding emphasis like outlined in the article. This should give me plenty of volume, with the major focus being on the main lift of the day.

I'll be sticking with this routine for at least 4-6 months so that I can gauge my progress. If I'm able to consistently increase, then I'll stick with it until I stall.

This weekend, I'll post a short recap of my results with HCT-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment