Thursday, November 10, 2011

Goals...

I wouldn't have made it as far as I have without setting goals for myself. I realized quickly that without setting targets, both short and long-term, I have a tendency to flounder. Without a clearly defined focus, I don't have anything to shoot for. So, what are my goals?

My short-term goal is to lose 6 more pounds by the end of the year. Since I started trying to become more fit on January 1 of this year, I find it fitting to place a target at the 1 year mark. In 6 more pounds, I will have lost 50 pounds! (Which, had you asked me last year, I would have said was impossible...)

My next goal is on my birthday, February 10th. I want to be able to see my abs for the first time since high school. Right now, I'm probably 10-15 pounds away from having decently defined abs...and I'm incredibly stoked about it. That will also be the first time I'll share progress pics, since I'm still a little self-conscious now.

More long-term, I have a few performance-specific targets in mind. First, sometime in the next year, I want to register for and run a 5k. (I'd love it if my wife could go too. 8-) And...I want to run the whole thing. I know, it doesn't sound like much, but it'd be a hell of a lot farther than I've ever run before. In the weight room, I'd like to see a total weight on the big three (squat, deadlift, and bench) of 1000 pounds...no small feat (for me). Right now, I'm probably a lot closer to 750...

No comments:

Post a Comment