Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Introduction

My name is Charles Pruitt, I'm 32 years old and married with three kids. I'm creating this blog as a way to track my progress with weightlifting, weight loss, dieting, running, and anything else I care to write down to keep myself on track.

So, a little history... In college, I was fairly active and stayed in decent shape. However, after graduating and settling into my new desk job, my life became a little more sedentary. After my wife and I decided to have kids, things got even worse. When I graduated high school, I weighed 185 pounds and could still see my abs. Last year, at my heaviest point in my life, I weighed 265 and could only vaguely remember what my abs looked like. I decided that I had to do something. For years, I kept telling myself that I could throw a little exercise into my routine and burn off the fat I'd gained from sitting around...but I kept putting it off. It was time to put up or shut up, so I joined a local gym and started weightlifting (for the first time in 15 years) on January 1, 2011.

Fast forward to now, almost 11 months later, I am stronger than I've ever been, I've lost almost 45 pounds, and am probably in the best shape I've ever been in. However, I've got a lot of work to do yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment