Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The workout

So, a little history on what exactly I've been doing in the gym, and where I intend to take it.

For the first six or seven months of this year, I basically wanted to get myself back in the habit of working out, and re-learn the basic movements. I wanted to let my body know I intended to push it on a regular basis without risking injury, so I took it fairly easy, and didn't go for any personal records.

After lots of reading, I finally settled on a couple routines I wanted to try out. I did a cycle of HST (with good results) and am now using a slightly modified HCT-12 routine. Unless something changes, or I don't see any gains with this routine, I'll probably stick with it for several 4-week cycles.

My workouts are structured as follows:
Monday/Friday - Upper body
Wednesday/Saturday - Lower body/core work

Hopefully, I'll be able to set some personal records in the coming weeks, even though I'm still losing weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment